Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Island of the Dolls

The Island of the Dolls, or 'La Isla de la Munecas', is a bizarre tourist attraction in Mexico. There you can literally find hundreds of freakishly decaying dolls hanging from tree branches. 


It all started when a recluse, Don Julián Santana Barrera, became obsessed after finding a doll in the water close to where a young girl had recently drowned. He spent the rest of his life collecting them, believing they kept the girl's spirit company. 


I think I can sum up the entire island nicely: 'wtf?'

20 comments:

Rachel Neilson said...

wtf that's terrifying!

rinns said...

creepy as all hell.

Something Concupiscible said...

I would have nightmares forever.

Alphabeta said...

I can safely say Don Julián Santana Barrera, whoever he is, is a freak! ; ]

rndmg123 said...

creepy...what if they came to life at night or something.

Jay said...

those dolls are to keep out visitors from Area 51.

ExoticBlogger said...

wow creepy..

Devon Davidson said...

Ok, something to avoid if I ever go to Mexico.

Astronomy Pirate said...

Note to self... AVOID THIS PLACE. Haha, the last thing I need is dead girl possessed dolls freaking me out.

synoptixs said...

imagine stumbling into that area at night randomly

baxxman said...

That is a bit psycho...
Baxxmans

Igneel21 said...

oh god i love these kind of stuff, so creepy, so awesome

madotsuki said...

I love it. I've got some cabbage patch dolls around I could hang up.

Fix PC Games Admin said...

wow sounds creepy

Anonymous said...

looks like horror movie

Jessica Thompson said...

Scary shit... I'll be checking back soon! alphabetalife.blogspot.com

Jung said...

Sounds like my kinda town, giggity.

Unknown said...

Does sound a little creepy...

Moobeat said...

neat.

The Wired said...

lol very spooky! Not someplace were I'd want to spend my vacation days.

Post a Comment