Friday, February 25, 2011

Raining Blood

Spiders falling from the sky in Salta Province, Argentina 2007
No, I'm not talking about Slayer. Blood rain is a rare phenomenon where it looks like blood is falling from the sky.

And that's not all. Throughout history all kinds of crazy things have rained down from the sky. Fish, frogs, jellyfish, spiders, blood, guts...the list goes on.

Probably one of the most disturbing accounts (IMO) is the Kentucky Meat Shower that took place in 1876. When meat started falling from the sky, two locals tasted  it. The morons gentlemen decided it tasted like mutton or venison. 

So, picture it. You're sitting outside when meat starts falling all around you. Do you eat it? Comment and let me know!

2 comments:

Nina said...

number 1: that picture instantly made me start itching.

number 2: i live in kentucky, if it ever started raining meat people would be saving every bit of it for dinner.

Alphabeta said...

Reminds me of the film Magnolia.
I think I would probably try the meat. : /

Post a Comment